Makers & Retailers - Elkington and Co.

Elkington and Co.

Elkington and Co. was founded by George Richards Elkington and his cousin, Henry Elkington, in the 1830s. It operated under the name G. R. Elkington & Co. until 1842 when Josiah Mason joined the firm, becoming the third partner. It then operated as Elkington, Mason, & Co. until 1861 when the partnership with Mason was terminated. The firm then operated independently for over one hundred years as Elkington & Co. from 1861 until 1963. After 1963 it was taken over by British Silverware Ltd and in 1971  became a subsidiary of Delta Metal Co. Ltd.